PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO COVID19 AND THE LACK OF FLIGHTS, PRIVATE FISH SHIPMENTS FROM THAILAND CONTINUE TO BE TOO DIFFICULT TO ARRANGE. WE WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED BUT DO NOT BUY FISH IN THAILAND FOR PRIVATE IMPORT AT THE MOMENT. INDONESIA IS POSSIBLE BUT SHIPMENTS ARE IRREGULAR – THERE IS NO SCHEDULE. ASK ME BEFORE PAYING FOR FISH.
PLEASE READ and be sure you understand each step in the process prior to seeking transhipping services.
You should contact me before you purchase and pay for any fish. Sources of fish are Aquabid / Breeder’s Facebook Pages / or Private sellers, we do not source fish for you.
We can arrange for the importation of Betta from Thailand (when flights resume) and Indonesia and goldfish from Thailand only (when flights resume). Please ask me before you purchase which shipment I am doing the rules have changed!!!
- You notify me that you are hoping to purchase and ship your betta via our service. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Indonesia you must find a seller and advise him he will be paid via Mr Joty my Jakarta based transhipper, YOU MUST NOT pay the seller direct for your fish or they will not join my shipment.
- If your seller agrees to accept payment this way he should contact Mr Joty to arrange for this to happen.
- You fill out the order form and submit it to arrange the shipping and quarantine with me. I will invoice you for the transhipping.
- Complete the importation services form in all areas indicated: Your address, phone number, and the details of the fish you purchase. Contact me at email@example.com if you cannot complete the online form to arrange an alternative
- Return the completed form at least 15 days prior to our export date. Once transhipping is paid I advise the exporter that your fish are to join the order.
- We do not have Thai private imports at the moment but when we do you ask your seller to contact Ponpat Jarunpat https://www.facebook.com/ponpatjar in Bangkok for Thailand shipments. Please do not contact him directly he works with the Thai sellers only.
- Joty Atmadjaja https://www.facebook.com/jotyatmadjaja in Jakarta is the facilitator for Indonesian shipments. Please do not contact him directly he works with the Indonesian sellers only.
He will take payment on behalf of your seller and this will ensure your fish are known to him and expected for the shipment he will provide details to your seller of my requirements for packing of fish to be shipped.
- All payments for importation/quarantine and transhipping are made to me including fees for the local courier service if you are not collecting from the quarantine.
- Your betta will be quarantined for 7 days in Sydney NSW.
- Once quarantine has been completed and all payments have been made your fish can either be collected or will be couriered to you.
Terms and Conditions:
All fish coming into Australia must be through an authorised importer with quarantine facilities such as the one I work closely with. Please do not attempt to post to yourself from overseas sources. If you do this you risk prosecution, a hefty fine and your fish will be seized and destroyed.
Importation and Quarantine Charges:
PLEASE NOTE WHEN A SELLER TELLS YOU HIS PRICE INCLUDES SHIPPING IT MEANS WITHIN INDONESIA OR THAILAND ONLY NOT FREIGHT TO AND QUARANTINE IN AUSTRALIA
For the following types:
Male and female Halfmoon
Male and female Doubletail
Male and female Crowntails
Male and female Plakads
For Giant Betta and Large wild species
Thailand $35 each and Indonesia $37 each
Goldfish please contact me to discuss this – not available on all shipments.
At this time we do not tranship Guppy.
You should complete your order form online here at https://fishwitch.com.au/transhipping-request-form/
I will contact you and invoice you once the order is received and I have checked it is all ok.
As your fish will be travelling for a number of days please advise your seller to purge the fish by not feeding for two days prior to shipping and package the fish in clean water possibly with something to reduce stress. Following the required 7 days in quarantine, your fish can be collected or will be delivered to you through overnight Couriers.
Please be aware of the risks of importing tropical fish. Fish do die in transit for many reasons, temperature fluctuation, weakness, failure to prepare the fish correctly, the fish already had a problem, or simply stress.
During and following quarantine your fish will be provided with IAL and fresh water, fed according to needs and species, receive a health check, and will be treated if necessary until forward-shipped to you.
The fish will be shipped once it is strong enough.
If the fish dies in quarantine, we will refund your local on-shipping courier costs unless you have other fish to be shipped.
We cannot be held responsible for any death in quarantine or during on-shipping to your address.
Please note Dead on Arrival (DOA) and sometimes death in quarantine, should be covered by the seller.
Betta Fish classed as DOA incur a $12.50 import fee only, once unpacked alive into quarantine the full fee stands. Different conditions apply to goldfish.
A photograph will be provided for you to send to the seller.
Replacement fish incur the standard import fee.
If upon receipt of your fish you believe there is an issue such as the wrong fish has been sent or the fish is defective in some way I will do my best to determine if this is, in fact, correct or whether the fish has made a natural change such as colour.
These possibilities are a risk you accept when you buy fish from overseas.
Please note: Marble and Fancy bettas can change colour from when they are purchased until when you receive them.
Local Transportation fees
Please be advised that local shipping to your residence needs to be available prior to the purchase of your fish so please check with me first.
For larger boxes airport to airport is available.
Shipping to NT is Darwin area only sorry. Fish will be shipped in clean treated water, Styrofoam boxes, and with heat packs, as required. There is no DOA policy between myself and your residence following quarantine for privately imported fish.